Monday, February 10, 2014

Sarah's Analog Blog (circa 1998/99) And That's All She Wrote

I did some more journaling off and on during 8th grade.  However, since middle school tends to be the worst period in any adolescent's life (and it definitely was for me), most of the entries are way too angsty to be even remotely funny.  I talk of frustration over never being asked out by a boy, even though all of my friends had been, and my feelings about lady issues that really should be burned rather than ever reread.  I had a list of "bad people" who were mean to me at school and a list of the "Top 10 Cutest Guys," which included Seth Green and David Boreanaz (I was huge Buffy fan), Leo Dicaprio (but only in Titanic), and Link as number one (make fun if you want, but I still say he is the perfect guy).

The most amusing thing in these entries is my apparent belief that if I just participated in sports and school activities with my "friends," who were actually making fun of me behind my back the whole time they were using me to get rides to the mall from my parents, and acted like my real self, the other self-obsessed middle-schoolers would eventually start to like me.  Hah.  All that being said, there are a few sections of comedic note, mainly due to my warped take on reality...

Sept. 13, 1998
The best things in life are free!  But you can give them to the birds and bees!  I want the $money$!!
Today I got the "Wedding Singer" soundtrack, volume I and II.  I love the song "Money (That's what I want!)"  I do want money!  I have no use for love!
It would be cool if I could read peoples' minds.  Not all of the time, only if I wanted to.*

* !?  No idea where that randomness came from.
-------------------------------
4/6/99
Today is the last day of Spring Break :( *
You know what sucks?  In movies when they take an outcast boys don't like and take off her glasses, cut her hair, and get her cool clothes, she's popular overnight.  That doesn't really happen though.  Maybe in high school there is stuff like that...8th graders are just immature.

*At least I finally stopped being so excited about going to school...
-------------------------------
5/30/99
I've started sleeping on my back, I think sleeping on my front has stunted my "boob" growth.  A. said that is probably true, because when she stopped wearing her bra to bed her breasts grew!
I got a new outfit to wear to Valley Fair Tomorrow.  It's both stylish and practical.  I doubt anyone will notice though, no one ever does.*

*AAAANNNNGGGGSSSSTTTT!!!!
-------------------------------
Everything else in there is just uninteresting drivel.  Good thing this was the final diary of my youth, because it seems the older one gets, the less interesting one becomes.

*Originally posted in January 2011 in my other blog:  http://sarahheartsjapan.blogspot.jp/ *

No comments:

Post a Comment